This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Use in the "SharePoint Action Framework"

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:39 AM
Hi Matt

I have also tried contact you via the feedback form on your site..

I am very close to releasing a formal version of SAF, which is also on Codeplex here www.codeplex.com/saf. SAF allows you to chain mutliple actions together, to perform a common task against SharePoint. (Please read our front page of our site for more info).

Anyway, I am now looking to write "actions" that can also report on information about a SharePoint farm, but we dont currently have an elegant way to offer "Reporting" functionality to the Action developer. Hence, I started to look for someone that has solved already this problem and found your fwk - which looks fantastic!!!

Would you mind if we used "DoddleReport" in our Framework ? In addition to this, would you be interested in contributing to our project too ? (We could also help out on yours).

Let me know your thoughts and I hope we can work together on both our projects.

Cheers
Mark Jones
Mar 27, 2009 at 3:56 AM
Edited May 17, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I see no problem with you including DoddleReport to your SharePoint framework, so long as I were given due credit for the work. I also have another project that you may be interested in called DoddleImport, which supports some pretty nice importing and validation from Excel (and other import sources) to SharePoint lists (and other import destinations).

I appreciate the offer to contribute to your project, and would be happy to join the CodePlex team but I am unsure how much time I would be able to really contribute to it. My SharePoint development has actually slowed down quite a bit lately.

Please let me know what else you need from me to help out, and if you have any other questions or comments.

Regards,

Matt